7 Best Cities To Take Vacation In The US
It has been a tradition for most people to go on a vacation every now and then. America has a lot to offer and picking one is really overwhelming. The rest of the article would be devoted to helping you choose your next family destination.
- First on our list is the Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona. Named Seven Natural Wonders of the World, it is known for its picturesque and breath-taking views. The Grand Canyon attracts about five million tourists a year not only for its magnificent views but also for its family-friendly attractions. Aside from sight-seeing, it also offers activities such as rafting, kayaking, running, hiking and even helicopter tours. Accommodations are also easy with around 60 hotels available for booking.
- Next, is the Myrtle Beach located in South Carolina. With over 14 million visiting it each year, this is surely one of the best family destinations. The Myrtle Beach, Technically a man-made island, offers a wide array of attractions for the family. Aside from the beach itself, it has several amusement parks, an aquarium, party and concert venues, malls and around 1900 restaurants! With 460 hotels, accommodations won’t be that hard.
- San Antonio, USA. Named as the seventh largest city in America, San Antonio is home to a lot of amusement parks. It is home to the Alamo City Ghost Tours, SeaWorld, Six Flags Fiesta Texas and Morgan’s Wonderland, a theme park designed for special needs children. San Antonio also features famous locations such as the Cathedral of San Fernando, Hemisfair Park, the Majestic Theater and the Arneson River Theater. Another attraction of the San Antonio is the River Walk which passes through the downtown area. The Riverwalk is one of the first urban rivers to be restored. During the holidays, the River Walk becomes a feast for the eyes because of the lights from the different restaurants and stalls located there.
- The Yellowstone National Park is without a doubt one of the top destinations in the United States. Located primarily in Wyoming, the Yellowstone National Park boasts of an area of 3,468.4 square miles (8,983 km2) full of lakes, rivers, canyons and mountain ranges. One of the highly recommended outdoor destination, activities like hiking, fishing, kayaking and rafting can be done in Yellowstone. It is also home to at least 1700 species of trees and plants and around 60 species of mammals.
- San Diego, California. San Diego is an attraction for both young and old. San Diego is a treat for kids because of it’s numerous amusement parks such as San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo Safari Park and Balboa Park. It is also home to a lot of historic sites, such as Old Town San Diego State Historic Park and Mission San Diego de Alcala, which will surely appeal to the older ones.
- Disney World in Orlando, Florida. This obviously will never be out of the list because of Disney’s appeal with the young and old alike. Disney World is a perfect family destination because of its magnificent rides that have been specially designed for family enjoyment. Now known as the Walt Disney World Resort, the resort boasts of its 30,080 acres (12,173 ha; 47 sq mi) with two water parks, four theme parks, and 23 resort hotels.
- Last is the Yosemite National Park. Known for its natural beauty, the Yosemite National Park is known for eco-tourism. Tourists flock to the park mostly to sight see and just to relax and be one with nature. But aside from that, Yosemite National Park also offers activities such as hiking, rock climbing, and even winter activities!